Monday, December 27, 2010

Highs and Lows of 2010

Lows:
  • An absolute DISASTROUS spring semester of my first year of college: My roommate and I, well let’s just say it didn't work out. My roommate and I had differing opinions on privacy; she thought our double room for 2 needed an extra person ALL THE TIME. I trusted someone with a lot and that trust was betrayed. It took a lot to get over it and to be honest I am not quite over it yet, but I am working on it. Now, water under the bridge, I wish her nothing but the best.
  • C-A-W-L: A once wonderful facility where I grew up is being run and manipulated by one poisonous woman. I don't want to be mean but I hope she is kicked out of group before she implodes the entire organization. This woman is a manipulative child living in a 40 some year olds body. I am glad I got out when I did.
  • Crappy sports seasons: Not only are the Miami Dolphins inconsistent, they don't know how to pass or run the ball. They need to step up their game; their difficult division makes it almost impossible to make it to a super bowl. Come on boys we were once UNDEFEATED! The Florida Marlins on the other hand are a disgrace! They need to step up, pay their players what they are worth and instead of turning rookies into all stars keep these all stars and make it to a world series. First Mistake: releasing Cody Ross. Second, Dan Uggla, now let's see what they do to screw up yet another season!
  • 10 years since Grampy died: I can't believe it has been 10 years since you have passed. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I truly believe my love of sports is because of you. I love you and miss you and hope you are having fun playing tennis and watching the Marlins lose up in heaven <3
  • Losing touch with a very close friend of mine: I hope everything is OK. I feel you have drastically changed and we no longer have anything in common. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors but I just don't agree with some of your choices!!!
Highs
  •  Having awesome, wonderful, supportive roommates: I love these girls. They truly are a blessing after my hell f a spring semester that was hell. They are open and wonderful. They listen to me, calm me down and are absolute gems. (All 3 of them). They truly don't know how much I appreciate them and how much they have already made me a better person!!
  • Hooking up with old friends...now my best friends: Cori and Jess you guys are AMAZING!! I love both of you so much. Cori, you are outgoing, fun and entertaining. I wish I could be as open as you are. Jess, you are quiet yet HILARIOUS and I love how much you care and appreciate your family (whether you admit it or not). I don't know where I would be if I didn't reconnect with you two! You have no idea how much you are appreciated!!!
  • Bella and Jazzy: We adopted to new girls to keep Daisy company, Bella is a crazy, out of control lovable puppy who is certifiably ADORABLE. And jazzy is sweet, mellow and just wants to be loved.
  • My impending trip to Israel: I am so excited to be seeing a country where both my parents visited. I can't believe I am leaving in a month of this crazy trip with a wonderful old friend. We are going to have a blast, I can't wait!
High/Low: Being contacted by my biological father. Now this may not be the place to talk about this but I feel if anyone is going to read this is going to be friends and family. I couldn't decide if I should put this as a high or a low. First off, I have been waiting a very long time to hear from him. I have written many letters that I never sent, had many questions go unanswered, and daydreamed countless nights that somehow I was a princess destined to marry Prince William. Upon contact, I was able to get these questions answered and some other questions out of the way but it sure was a shake up to my family. I have known my step-dad (my "real" dad) since before I can remember. He is a great guy and is a positive role model. My biggest fear in beginning to talk to my biological father was to upset my real father (I know confusing). My real father has been there my whole life, practically raised me. This is a high in that I got questions answered and I am able to talk to him, I really do appreciate it and a relationship is nice to have. But a low at to the uncertainty as to what is to come and the impact it could have had on my family. At first I was much taken aback and for lack of a better word, hysterical but I do appreciate talking to him now and learning about his past and a half of myself that before had only been assumptions, and questions marks.


Well there it is, my year in review. Plenty of highs and lows to go around. but all in all a pretty good year. I grew up a lot, changed a lot but I think it all was for the better. I am very secure in myself and my friends and look forward to another amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment